BANKING JOBS – Careers at FMB
FMB is an independent community bank focused on the central Missouri area. We are looking for people who strive for excellence and enjoy community involvement to help us provide total customer satisfaction for our customers’ banking needs.
Why work at a bank?
- Help your community thrive – A local bank is the keystone to a successful community. Local banks understand that bad things can happen to good people and are there to help people weather the storm. By working at a bank, you can help both those in need and those with a dream.
- Good work/life balance – Local banks understand that home life is just as important as work life. We know the importance of taking a day off to spend a birthday with a loved one, see a child’s recital, or take care of someone when they’re sick. When you work for us, we understand that you’re a person, not just a resource.
- Be part of stable team – Our bank works together. Whether you’re helping make loans, working the teller line or helping behind the scenes, you will be working with a diverse group of people who are all there to help you succeed. If you’re tired of jockeying for position at the bigger firms, give our community bank a try.
Current banking positions available:
The Home Mortgage Specialist (“HMS”) solicits new residential mortgage business and sells Farmers & Merchants Bank mortgage products and will continually identify, develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that will serve as a source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
The HMS conducts interviews with prospective borrowers in order to analyze financial and credit data, determine customer financing objectives, advise customers of product/pricing policies and guidelines and gather any additional required information. The HMS will maintain a thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures and regulatory requirements and a firm commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies and adhering to HMDA.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, or a related field preferred, but not required
- Previous banking, lending, or 3 to 5 years sales experience is preferred
- Must show certification of any mandatory state mortgage loan training and/or licensing
- Must be licensed through NMLS
- Formal credit training
- Must satisfy any required continuing education requirements for mortgage loan training and licensing
Reports to: VP Mortgage Lending – Full-Time, Exempt
Basic Function: Provide excellent customer service to FMB customers by performing transactions accurately and timely in a courteous and friendly manner.
Duties: Receive checking and savings deposits; verify cash and endorsements; receive proper identification; issue receipts. Process savings withdrawals; cash checks and related transactions. Welcome customers and assist in their banking needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Previous cash handling and balancing experience; excellent customer service skills; team player and also able to work independently; good communication and interpersonal skills; dependable and prompt; good math skills; accuracy and attention to detail.
Job Specifications and Requirements: Flexible work schedule. Hours worked: Monday through Friday and includes every Saturday for approximately 25 to 28 hours total per work week. Must be accurate, attention to detail, prompt, and reliable providing excellent customer service. Must be able to stand for length of time scheduled to work and be able to lift up to 25 pounds. Previous cash handling experience is preferred.
Farmers & Merchants Bank is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and qualified minorities, women, people with disabilities, and military veterans are encouraged to apply.
Farmers & Merchants Bank has been servicing the financial needs of its customers and the community since 1913, offering safe and sound financial services, which include a full range of quality products, and services including business and personal checking, savings, consumer and commercial loans, online banking, e-statements, overdraft protection, and other banking products and services.
At Farmers & Merchants Bank, we offer a highly competitive benefit package and are committed to compensating our employees for their contributions through a comprehensive and competitive pay program. We actively create opportunities for our employees to support the communities we serve and believe in encouraging growth by investing in our people.